Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Little Man.


Like many mothers, there comes a day when the child that we carry inside our bodies starts to do more and more things on their own.. becoming more independent each and every day.

Tomorrow will be the day that my 4 year old little boy starts Pre-K. I am so nervous about this. Noah has not been to a daycare in about 2 years, we have been together pretty much everyday except for the weekends he is with his dad and Grandma Jackie. He is so full of energy and a major goofball, I have a feeling I'll have the class clown. He is so much like me it's not even funny, you know those curses that our parents put on us when we were younger "When you have a child they are gonna be just like you". Yep.. that one! All I can say to that is THANKS MOM! Lol.

My two soon to be step children (Glen, 7 & Katelyn, 11) are a great help to me. I took Glen to the doctor today and he isn't going back to school until Thursday, so he will be with me while dropping off Noah. I am so grateful that I have all three of my munchkins. Noah, since I found out I was pregnant, has always been my source of strength when I wasn't completely dependant on God yet. There is just something that happened to me when I gave birth to him, it's like I became a different person all together. I became who I needed to be, who I desired to be but didn't have the strength to without him. God certainly works in mysterious ways, I know it sounds clique to say that I wouldn't know where I would be if it weren't for him, but really it is so true. Noah has been my reason for living so many times when I just wanted to give up, God has used this little boy in my life so miraculously several times. It's amazing sometimes my son drives me utterly crazy and yet all he has to do is smile, or say yes ma'am in the sweetest accent (of course I melt). I'll be sitting down after eating a plate of food and on occasion without me asking he will walk up and grab my plate to bring it to the sink. =) Today everyone was sitting down watching a movie and Noah decided to take the water from cases and put them in the refrigerator so they would be cold. Glen went and helped him once we noticed what he was doing. The things like this that he does are the moments I'll treasure forever. I pray that God keeps him a good hearted boy that will turn to a good hearted man...

Anyway, I have Noah's school supplies in the rocking chair for in the morning, his outfit laid out on the couch and his shoes waiting by the door. I'll need to keep reminding myself that he is growing up, he will not need me forever, but he will always know my love. What is it about the first day of school that makes a parent become teary-eyed? Why can't the day be celebrated as.. well, I can't even think of the word/phrase or whatever it should be, all I can do is pray that he will do fine, pray that nothing hardens his heart or influences him in the wrong way, pray for myself to train him in the way that he should go.

Well, I will most likely let everyone know how I turn out tomorrow, and I will for sure have many, many pictures on face book of this event.. I wanted to say wonderful but I'm not too sure of how I feel about it just yet.

Until Next Time...
Be Safe <3

No comments:

Post a Comment